The fields at the top of the screen can be used to identify and isolate the data you wish to see.
- Aging: [default] This radio button shows an aging schedule of the unpaid invoices to date for all payers.
- Notes: This radio button shows if a note of some kind is attached to an unpaid invoice.
- Invoice Date vs. Date Last Submitted to Payer: Invoice date is the original date billed. Date last submitted to payer will re-create the report on screen based on the last date of resubmission.
- Show: Click on the drop down arrow to the right of this box to choose: 3rd Party & Government, Private Pay Only, (active or inactive) or All
- Open: To see details regarding these outstanding payments, click Open (to the far right of the line), or double click on the line. The following information will appear:
|1||Invoice Date||Original date of the invoice.|
|2||Reference||Link to the Invoice Window.|
|3||Days Since Invoice||Shows how many days have passed since the original invoice was created.|
|4||Days Since Last Sent||Shows how many days have passed since the invoice was most recently sent/re-sent. Each line represents a Client and Date of Service (Client/DOS) that was sent on the invoice.|
|5||Amount||Original amount sent for this Client/DOS.|
|6||Amount Due||Remaining amount due for this Client/DOS.|
|7||Batch Date||Date this Client/DOS was last submitted.|
|8||Date of Service||Link to Change Time window for this Client/DOS.|
|9||Pmt||Link to the Payments Window for this Client/DOS.|
|10||Batch References||Link to the batch report and date it was sent. Multiple columns here reflect multiple electronic submissions for that invoice (not necessarily that Client/DOS). Each column signifies a re-submission. If the box to the left of the batch report is checked, it means this batch report was checked as “reviewed” in the Electronic Module.|
|11||Invoice Note||Use this to add a note to an invoice. A pink note indicates a note has been added.|
|12||Service Line Note||
Use this to add a note to a particular Client/DOS. When a note is added here, it will appear in the Payments Module and ERA Module for this Client/DOS and vice versa. A pink note indicates a note has been added.
We recommend using this note over the invoice note because it appears in more obvious parts of Procentive