You can automate these specific modifiers (AH, AJ & HO) to travel on a claim based on staff credentials. This is specific to the payer Health Partners (HPAMN). This article will explain how to set this up and handle exceptions for specific codes.
Step 1: Assign Credentials for Staff
- Go to the Staff Module
- Double-click to open the staff record
- Click on the Role Tab
- In the field Credentials (billing), select the billing credential for this staff from the dropdown list
- Click Save
- PsyD will assign a modifier of AH
- LICSW will assign a modifier of AJ
- LP will assign a modifier of HO
Step 2: Set Up Payer
- Go to the Payer Module
- Double-click to open the Health Partners payer
- On the Payer Tab, choose a default setting Automatically send AH, AJ, and HO modifiers
- Yes: Automatically send these modifiers for all codes that have the appropriate credentials.
- No: Do not automatically send these modifiers for all codes that have the appropriate credentials.
- Click on the Codes tab
- Click on the Rates Sub-tab
- If you need to over-ride the default because a specific code does not follow that rule, you can select the do that in the column Automatically send AH, AJ, and HO modifiers.