Set-up at the Payer Level
- Go to the Payers Module.
- Double-click on the payer you wish to open.
- Click on the Payer Rules tab.
- There are two UA Modifier options:
- UA Modifier with CTSS 9 Codes
- UA Modifier with CTSS H Codes
- Choose Yes for each UA Modifier option that applies.
- Click on the Rates tab.
- Click on the Codes sub-tab.
- Locate the column header titled Send UA.
- There are three options:
- Default: Defaults to Payer Rules tab set-up (mentioned in the steps above).
- Never send: Never attach a UA modifier for this payer and this code, regardless of any other setting.
- Always send: Always send the UA modifier for this payer and this code, regardless of any other setting.
- Make your selection for each code.
- Click Save.
Important Note: Even if you have not made any changes to the payer, click Save to close. This will ensure that the coding logic for the payer is the most up-to-date.
Set-up at the Client Level
- Go to the Clients Module.
- Double-click on the client record you wish to edit (where there is not a blue link).
- Click on the Payers tab.
- In the field Minnesota Medical Assistance Program choose CTSS.
- Click Save.
Verifying That a Modifier is Traveling on a Claim
You are able to view and verify each modifier prior to sending a claim. From the Confirm Invoices Window, you can verify modifiers using the data link.