Create a Probono Payer
- Go to Payers Module.
- Click Add.
- Select Private Pay (private) from the drop-down menu.
You may also type Private Pay into the text field and click the quich search arrow to narrow options in the drop-down menu.
- Enter the name you wish to call it in Payer Name, we recommend Probono.
- Click Save.
- Double-click to re-open the Probono payer you just created.
- Click Payer Rules tab
- Change Automatically write-off all charges at time of billing to Yes.
- Click Rates tab.
- Click Codes sub-tab.
- Select the codes from the picklist and enter the Rate (per unit) you would normally charge.
- If providing probono residential services, enter codes and rates in the Program/Codes sub-tab.
- Click Save.
Create a Custom Write-off
- Go to the Settings Module.
- Click Billing tab
- Near the bottom locate the setting Number of custom writeoff fields to use.
- Select the next highest number (Max of 10 allowed).
- Ex: If it states 1 then change the drop down to 2
- The number of Writeoff Fields will display below
- In the new Writeoff Field that appears blank, enter Probono in both the Name and Plural box, leave other settings as is.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Change
Setup Automatic Write-off
- Go to Settings Module.
- Click Billing Tab.
- Scroll to the bottom to locate the setting Automatic Write-off at Billing.
- Select from the menu the Probono option.
- Click Change
How it works: When a client is assigned this payer and a service line is entered in the Time Module and then billed out, the Bill Line (in the Payments Module) will be automatically written off with the Probono trasaction type. These services can be tracked in the Accounting Module, as well as some reports including the 1010 and 1370 report.