You may see the error message in any of the following formats, based on the payer.
- Category: Acknowledgement/Rejected for relational field in error. Status: Diagnosis code.
- Category: Acknowledgement/Rejected for relational field in error. Status: Date(s) of service.
- Category: Acknowledgement/Rejected for Invalid Information The Claim/Encounter has invalid information as specified in the Status details and has been rejected Status: Diagnosis code(s) for the services rendered.
- Acknowledgement/Rejected for Invalid Information - The claim/encounter has invalid information as specified in the Status details and has been rejected. Diagnosis code. H51082 ICD10 Code 'F42' is not valid, must be coded to the highest number of digits possible.
- ICD-10-CM Diagnosis code is invalid in Health Care Diagnosis Code. Value of sub-element HI01-02 is incorrect. Expected value is from external code list - ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code (897) when HI01-01='ABK'. Segment HI is defined in the guideline at position 2310.
- Payer Rejection: H H51081. ICD10 CODE 'F3289' NOT VALID FOR DATE PROVIDED.
This error will appear as a rejection in the Electronic Module. It means there at least one diagnosis submitted is no longer valid - often indicating that it has expired or been removed from use.
Note: Try using Report 3701 Complete Client Diagnosis Search to find clients that need their diagnosis updated.
- Click on the Electronic Module.
- Click on the Invoice link for the invoice with this error.
- This will open the Invoice Window.
- Double click on the service that the error applies to.
- This will open the Change Time Window.
- Click the Diagnoses Tab.
- If the diagnosis you need is not listed, add a new diagnosis to the client before continuing.
- Hold the Ctrl key and click the rejected diagnosis.
- This will deselect the diagnosis.
- Continue holding the Ctrl key and click the updated diagnosis.
- This will select the diagnosis so it is sent on the claim.
- Click Save.
- At the Invoice Window, click on the service line once to highlight.
- Click Resend .