Impact of Name Change
A name change will impact both both billing and the client's clinical chart.
Verify Client's Official Name Change
- Verify that all clinical records for the previous name have been completed and locked.
- Verify that all claims for the previous name have been billed.
- Check with the client to be sure that they've updated their name change with their payer(s).
Change Client's Name
- Make the 3 verifications above.
- Go to the Clients Module.
- Double-click on the individual of whom you want to change the name.
- Update the name accordingly.
- Click the Notes Tab.
- Enter a note with the client's previous name and the date the client's clinical records will be under that name.
- Click Save.
More later on how to create notes
Payer: If the payer has the name change on file, they should not reject any billed claims for this reason, even resubmitted claims.
Clinical Records: Additionally, all of the client’s clinical record print views on the locked forms will still contain the client’s original name. Only unlocked records (or locked records that are then unlocked) will update to include the new name.