Within the Appointments Module, there is an option to send out a mass notification to clients with scheduled appointments. This is designed for cases of staff illness/emergency or when the office must close unexpectedly, and you need to communicate this change to scheduled clients.
- Go to the Settings Module > Setup tab.
- Locate the Appointments section.
- Confirm that there is an email address entered in the field Reply e-mail for client appointment notifications (required).
- If this field is empty:
- Enter a staff email or general agency email that can be used as the sending/reply email for client appointment emails.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Change.
- Log off and log back in to Procentive.
- Go to the Appointments Module.
- In the filters at the top, click on the blue Send Mass Notification.
- A mass notification window will appear.
- Complete the notification message (up to 160 characters, spaces included).
- Choose the parameters for who should receive the email (Location, Staff, and Date of appointment).
- Click OK.
- The window will update to review which clients may receive the message and the method by which they will receive the message.
- The client does not need to be set up to receive appointment notifications to receive the mass notification. However, they do need to have a contact listed for whatever method is selected by which to reach them (a mobile phone number for Method: SMS, an email address for Method: E-Mail).
- If the client does not have an email or a phone number on file, it will alert you to this with a red NONE. You will need to reach these clients by another means than the mass notification.
- Click Submit.
- The window will update to let you know the messages have been sent.