When adding a client during or after an intake session, you will most likely be concerned with using the Payers tab to assign payers to a client and record the client's coverage information for each payer. Other staff, such as billing or front desk, are more likely to work with the Eligibility Dates, Authorizations, and Documents tabs.
Use the following links to view related articles:
[Update a Client Authorization] [Scan Payer Information] [Payer Authorization Types and Statuses] [Clients Module Warning - Missing Policy ID] [Silent Authorizations] [Pending Authorization] [Enter an Authorization for a Client] [Assign the Same Payer Twice to a Client] [Add Authorization Types and Statuses]
Add a Payer
When a client is newly added, the Payers tab is initially blank, as shown below.
- Click on the Add button to open a master list of all payers.
- Select the desired payer from the list.
- The selected payer now displays in the box to the left of the Add button, and the Enrollment fields display.
Populate the Enrollment Screen
- Just like the Client tab, the fields highlighted in yellow are required for billing.
- The following fields merit close review when a new client is added.
- Policy Group Number
- Individual policy Id - Values can be entered without the dashes. Whenever Procentive knows the specific requirements for the payer, the system checks for these data points and warns you when you do not follow the correct format or rule.
Copay and Group Copay - Entering an amount in either of these fields automatically creates an invoice in this amount each time a service line is entered and
billed for this client IF the “automatically create copay invoices” is set to “yes” in the
Settings Module > Billing Tab. If this feature is set to “no”, then the amounts in the copay
fields are merely data points that will appear in various reports, including the
information panel of the Appointments Module, and the benefits link on the Clients
Module > Client Tab.
Client's relationship to insured
- The default is self.
- Additional fields display if the relationship is changed to something other than self.