Admissions is used primarily with institutional claims on the UB04, but it may serve other internal
purposes as well. In the column headers, each field is associated with a number. This
number is the field number for the data on the UB04. So the Facility (4) will appear in field
#4 on the UB04.
NOTE: These fields are all yellow because they are required for submission
when using the UB04.
Select a link below to view the billing related knowledge base article.
[Missing Client Admission Line] [Present on Admission Indicator for Reported Diagnosis] [Error: Each Line Must Have a Date of Admission and a Diagnosis] [Invalid Bill Class] [Client Discharge]
- Admissions Diagnoses - Enter diagnosis for client.
- Date Admitted - Enter date admitted to facility.
- Time Admitted - Many organizations enter a standard time here,
like 08:00, for all clients.
- Date Discharged - Date client was discharged
- Time Discharged - Many organizations enter a standard time
here, like 08:00, for all clients.
- Type - Select type from the dropdown menu.
- Source - Select the source from the dropdown menu.
- Status - Usually 30 or 1. The choice depends on the payer and whether or not the patient has been discharged.
- Facility - This number is NOT the same as Place of Service. The Facility number is the two middle digits of the four-digit Bill Type (field #4 on the UB04/located under “Claim Info” in the 837i). The facility number can be defaulted at the level of the Payers Module.
- Program - Select the appropriate program from the dropdown menu. (NOTE: Programs must already be set up in the Programs Module to appear in the dropdown.)
- Add - Select the “Add” button to save and add that line to this client.
It is recommended that at least the first three fields are populated when entering an inpatient intake.
- Admissions Diagnosis
- Date Admitted
- Time Admitted