Procentive accounting numbers are on a cash basis. This article is one method that can help Procentive customers that work on a accrual basis get at accounts receivable.
Reports and Instructions
Run 1030 Collections Report
- Enter Invoices on or before date.
- Enter Payments on or before date (payment transactions posted on or before this date)
- These numbers will give you A/R "as of" this date.
- Click Display.
- You will want the Total amount from this report.
Run 1250 Original Billings Report
- Choose Invoice Date up to today.
- Choose the date range for Date of Service.
- This is the date range you want to determine net receivables for.
- Example: Last year.
- Click Display.
- Add the Total (from the 1030 Report) to the Amount total (from the 1250 Report) to get a true receivables based on Date of Service.
Since Procentive is a cash-based system, you will need to take several points into consideration:
- Date of Service (DOS)
- Invoice Date
- Payment Date.
Example: To find Net Receivables for 2018
- When running Report 1030, you can enter 12/31/2018 for the "Invoice on or before" AND for the "Payments on or before".
- This will give you A/R for invoices that were invoiced by 12/31/2018 and paid by 12/31/2018.
- Then run Report 1250 and choose Date of Invoice = This year and choose DOS = Last Year.
- This will give you the A/R amount for DOS that were provided last year but not invoiced last year.
- Finally, you will need to consider if there are any DOS from last year that have not yet been invoiced.
- You can use Report 8030 to get this amount.
- Two helpful selections to add to your criteria in this report are Service lines = Not Yet Billed (invoiced) and Total Charge (select this in the field section).