You can automate these specific modifiers (AH, AJ & HO) to travel on a claim based on staff credentials. This is specific to the payer Health Partners (HPAMN). This article will explain how to set this up and handle exceptions for specific codes.
Step 1: Assign Credentials for Staff
- Go to the Staff Module.
- Double-click to open the staff record.
- Click on the Role Tab.
- In the field Credentials (billing), select the billing credential for this staff from the drop-down list.
- Click Save.
- PsyD will assign a modifier of AH
- LICSW will assign a modifier of AJ
- LP will assign a modifier of HO
Step 2: Set Up Payer
- Go to the Payer Module.
- Double-click to open the Health Partners payer.
- On the Payer Tab, choose a default setting in Automatically send AH, AJ, and HO modifiers.
- Yes: Automatically send these modifiers for all codes that have the appropriate credentials.
- No: Do not automatically send these modifiers for all codes that have the appropriate credentials.
- If this depends on the code see the next section -> Code Specific.
Use this additional setting if you need to override the default because a specific code does not follow that rule.
- Click on the Rates tab.
- Click on the Codes Sub-tab.
- Find the line for that code and scroll to the far right to select your choice in the column Automatically send AH, AJ, and HO modifiers.
- Click Save.