Learn to create a paper invoice for any payer set up in Procentive. Billing out paper claims is very similar to sending claims electronically.
Create the Printable Claim
- Click Payers Module.
- Double-click the payer you want to submit a paper claim to.
- A window will pop-up.
- Click Contact tab.
- Enter the address to whom the claims will be sent.
- Click Save.
- Click Billing Module.
- Click Add.
- A Create New Invoices window will open.
- Click once on the Payer line (where there is not a blue link) to send on paper.
- It will highlight blue.
- Click Check.
- Assuming there are no errors, a Confirm Invoices window will open.
- Verify that the Electronic Submission checkbox is not checked for the payer.
- Not checking the box will create a paper claim.
- The Electronic Submission checkbox will not appear for Generic, County, or Private Pay payers.
- Click Create.
- The window will close and bring you back to your main screen in Billing.
- Locate the invoice that was just created and click the open link in the HCFA column.
- Print out the HCFAs.
- Mail your print outs to the payer.
- Check the box in the Sent to Payer column stating that you have mailed the claim to the payer.
NOTE: If the payer requires the official HCFA form you'll need to purchase the forms from a trusted source.