Missing Payer Type
When in the Payers module > Add window > Payer Type drop down and you're unable to locate a payer review the following steps:
- Determine if the payer has an electronic payer ID, this is often found on the back of the client's insurance card or by calling the payer directly.
- If the payer does not have an electronic payer ID, proceed to the steps below on Adding a Generic Payer.
- If the payer does have an electronic payer ID and you cannot find it in the Payer Type drop-down, submit a ticket to the Procentive Support Desk asking if the payer ID is supported by a clearinghouse and can be added to the Payer Type dropdown.
- If a payer ID is not supported by a clearinghouse, you will need to set up the payer as a Generic payer, outlined below.
Adding a Generic Payer
- Go to Payers module > Add window > Payer Type field.
- Enter Generic or search for Generic in the drop-down.
- Enter Payer Name as desired.
- Double click on the newly created payer to re-open.
- Go to the Contacts tab.
- Enter in all claim billing information.
- Go to the Rates tab and enter codes and rates as needed.
NOTE: All claims for this payer will need to be printed from the Billing module and mailed to the payer or faxed if allowed.