When a client is seen for inpatient services and has a PMAP payer, the room and board code will need to be billed to the PMAP payer, but also billed to MN MA for payment. Below are instructions on how to do this in Procentive.
Write Off Room and Board Charges Billed to the PMAP Payer
- Go to the Payments Module and locate the client.
- Double-click on the client's name to open the client's Payments window and locate the room and board DOS that needs to be sent to MN MA.
- Click on the new link on the bill line.
- Select Create new payment from the reference menu.
- In the New Payment window,
- In the Reference field, enter Bill to MA.
- In the Amount received field, enter 0.00.
- Click Save.
- In the Transaction Type column, click the down arrow and select Secondary.
- Enter the full amount of the bill in the Amount field.
- This should default to full remaining balance.
- Click save to the right of the Amount.
- In the Payer column, click on the down arrow and select the MN MA payer.
- The payer's name will appear in pink on the top of the bill line. The service line will now be in the Billing Module, ready to be billed.