When setting up your EHR, you are able to automate some of the more common modifiers and specify which codes they should accompany. Prior to sending your claims, you will have the opportunity to verify (and edit if necessary) each modifier. This article explains where you will see this information.
Where To Verify
As you are sending new claims you can verify each modifier that is traveling prior to creating the invoices.
- In the Confirm Invoices Window.
- Click data on the line for the Invoice you wish to review.
- The X12 Claim Data window will open in Edit mode (the Edit radio button at the top is selected)
- This view lists each code, along with any modifiers that will be sent
- If you need to make a change, change the modifier in the edit box.
- Click Save.
Check Modifiers On Claims Already Sent
The best place to verify what was sent on a claim is by viewing the X12 Summary (the claim data report). Modifiers can be found in the Service Loop section of this report.