Group note functionality allows you to document what happened in a group setting and document on more than one client at a time. These instructions will walk you through how to create a group note when there is no service line involved (when a service line is involved you will want to record this information from the Time module).
Select the Group
- Go to the Clinical/Charting module.
- Click Add.
- A document selection window will open.
- Click Add Group Note.
- An Add Group Note window will open.
- Select group members using fields provided; you will want to work from top to bottom, choosing Location first (if applicable).
- If group members are consistent, our recommendation is to set this up using the Client Groups Module. If not, use the client field to search for clients by name.
- As you make your selections, client names will appear in the section titled Available Clients.
- Place names in the Scheduled Clients section by choosing All or by selecting one at a time and clicking the arrow
- You can move names from one side to the other using the arrows.
- Click Ok.
- This will bring you back to the document selection window; you will now see each chosen client listed in the top section.
- Make a Program selection for each client (if applicable).
- Select the document (group note) by clicking on the radio button to the left of the document name.
- The group note will open in a new window or tab for you to complete.
- Click OK
Important: You must select a document that was designed with Group note functionality, typically that means the word group note is in the name field.
- If you do not see the document you need to create, click the Show all checkbox to expand the list of documents.
- Type a portion of the document name into the Form search tool to narrow the list of documents.