Remark Code N265: Missing/incomplete/invalid ordering provider primary identifier.
This error is found in MN MA ERAs with remark code N256, which indicates that an ordering provider was either 1.) not sent on the claim, 2.) sent incorrectly on the claim or 3.) shouldn't have been sent on the claim at all.
- Go to the Clients module.
- Double click to open the client's profile.
- Go to the Payers tab.
- Go to the Enrollment subtab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the window to locate and fill in the following fields:
- Ordering Provider First Name.
- Ordering Provider Last Name.
- Ordering Provider NPI or Tax ID (numbers only).
- Click Save.
- The ordering provider information will display on the X12 in the 2420E loop.
NOTE: This setting is payer specific and is not available for all payers.