Sometimes a payer will request that documentation, such as a clinical document or an EOB, accompany a claim. If this is the case, you will need to fax the requested document to the payer. The steps below explain how you'll communicate to the payer that there is documentation attached to the claim, so that they will be able to match up the faxed document with the right claim.
Attach a Document to a Claim
- Open the Change Time Window.
- Click the Extra Info tab.
- Replacement/Reversal Void Claim: Choose Normal (Override).
- Report Type Code: Select the option that best describes the type of documentation you are sending (most often Explanation of Benefits (EB)).
- Report Transmission Code: Select By Fax (FX).
- Attachment Control Number: Enter the reference number that you will include on the Fax cover sheet.
- Click Save.
- Fax documentation.
- Fax the cover sheet and documentation to the payer. Based on the reference number you have provided, they will then match the fax with the claim.