When a takeback credit is incorrectly applied or applied in the wrong amount, additional steps are needed to remove it from where it has been applied.
Removing or Changing an Applied Takeback Credit
- Go to the Payments module and locate the client & DOS where the takeback credit has been incorrectly applied.
- Click the pick list button to the right of the Takeback Credit transaction type.
- In the Credits window, change the amount used to 0.00.
- Click Done.
- The Takeback Credit amount will now appear as 0.00, click Save.
- The takeback credit will now be unallocated and ready to be applied where needed.
NOTE: These are the same steps you would need to take if an incorrect amount was applied as takeback credit. You will zero out the amount that was applied (steps 1-5) and then re-apply the correct amount of takeback credit.