Write Off Charges Billed to the Incorrect Payer
- Go to the Payments Module and locate the client.
- Double-click on the client's name to open the client Payments window and locate the DOS that needs to be re-billed.
- Click on the new link on the bill line.
- Select Create new payment from the reference menu.
- In the New Payment window,
- Create a "Wrong Payer" payment reference for the payer that was billed incorrectly.
- Enter Amount 0.00.
- Click Save.
- In the Type column, click the down arrow and select the option that best describes the situation: Wrong Payer, Billed in Error, Writeoff, etc.
- Enter the full amount of the bill in the Amount field (should default to full remaining balance).
- Click save to the right of the Amount.
Important: Payers must be in the correct order before continuing to the next section. Navigate to the Clients module > Payers tab to review the client's payer order. Make any necessary changes and save before proceeding.
Queue the DOS for the Correct Payer
- For each DOS to be resubmitted, click on the down arrow underneath the Payer column.
- Select the correct payer.
- The payer's name will appear in pink on the top of the bill line. The service line will now be in the Billing Module, ready to be billed.
Create an Invoice for the Correct Payer
Follow the steps in Creating an Invoice to bill the correct payer.