An HIPAA syntax error occurred. If either of NM108, NM109 is present, then all must be present. The syntax rule P0809 of Segment NM1 is violated. Segment NM1 is defined in the guideline at position 0150.
This error will appear as a rejection in the Electronic module. It means that the client's policy ID is missing.
- Go to the Electronic module.
- Click on the Invoice number link.
- Locate the client and DOS that rejected.
- Double-click to open the Change Time window for the DOS.
- Click the Client name link at the top.
- The Clients module will open.
- Go to the Payers tab > Enrollment sub-tab.
- Enter in the client's policy ID in the yellow Individual Policy ID field.
- Click Save.
- Return to the invoice.
- Highlight the DOS and click Resend at the bottom.