You may see 1 of 3 messages:
- H24236 'Claim Filing Indicator Code' was not found, but was expected because Plan ID has not yet been mandated.
- Element SBR09 is missing. It is required prior to mandated use of National Plan ID. Segment SBR is defined in the guideline at position 0050.
- Destination payer claim filing indicator/source of pay code: Required; Must be entered.
This error will appear as a rejection in the Electronic Module. It means that the claim filing indicator code was not present on the claim when it was sent.
The payer needs to be re-saved and the service line resent.
- Click on the Payers Module.
- Double click on the payer the invoice was sent to.
- The Change Payer Window will open.
- Click Save.
- Resend the claim.