- Detailed description of service
- Sub-element SV101-07 is missing. It is required when procedure code is non-specific (SV101-02 is '90899'). Segment SV1 is defined in the guideline at position 3700.
- Sub-element SV101-07 is missing. It is required when procedure code is non-specific (SV101-02 is 'H0046'). Segment SV1 is defined in the guideline at position 3700.
This error appears as a rejection in the in the Electronic Module. Some codes, such as 90899 and 83986 require a narrative description on the claim that details what the charge is for.
- Click on the Payers Module
- Double click to open the payer.
- Click on the Rates tab
- Click on the Codes sub-tab.
- Enter the code here with a rate of $0.00 (or leave rate as is if this is where you keep rates).
- In the Narrative Description column, type in the code's description.
- The description MUST be 20 characters or less, including spaces.
- The most common description for this code is Care Coordination; however, it may be different based on use and payer contract.
- Click Save.
- Resend the claim.