Service Unit Count: Required, Must be entered for service line revenue code.
This error appears as a rejection in the Electronic Module. It is specific to institutional inpatient claims where Treatment and Room and Board codes are sent together. Some payers require that the Treatment code be sent with standard units (coded as UN on the x12) and Room and Board codes be submitted with day units (DA).
- Go to the Payers Module.
- Double-click the payer line you need to work with.
- Click the Rates tab.
- Click on the Codes sub-tab.
- In the Code column, use the picklist to select the appropriate treatment code (if the code is not already entered here).
NOTE: Do not enter the Room and Board code here. Only enter the Treatment code!
- Enter 0.00 into the Rate/Units column for the treatment code (unless this is where you have your codes and rates entered, in which case leave the rate as is).
To the far right in the Units column, select Units.
This column only appears in certain payers. If you do not see a Units column for the payer you’ve received this claim rejection for, please contact Procentive's Support Desk.
- Click Add if adding the code.
- Click Save.
Resend the Claim
- Go to the Electronic Module.
- Open the the Invoice Window by clicking on the correct invoice number.
- Select both the treatment code and the room and board code that rejected.
- Each line will be highlighted as you select them.
- Choose Resend at the bottom on the window.
- Continue through each of the billing screens.
When You Need to Verify How a Code is Currently Setup
- Go to the Codes Module.
- Double-click the code to open.
- Click on the Billing tab.
- Under the section titled Residential, if Day Units is set to No then the code is set up as regular units (UN). If set to Yes, the code is set up as day units (DA).