When you close a period in the Accounting Module, payments that were posted in that period become locked/frozen. If the payment has unallocated credits, these credits are converted to a transaction type of credit. If you need to allocate these credits you will need a new payment reference to do so.
Allocate Credits from a Closed Month
- Click Payments Module.
- Double click the client you need to bill for.
- A new window will open.
- Find the Date of Service (DOS) you are applying the payment to.
On that bill line, click the new link.
- Click Create new payment...
- The payment add-window will appear.
- Enter your details:
- Date posted: Enter in today's date.
- Reference: Enter Apply Credit in the text box.
- Type: Choose the type you want.
- Payer: Choose the payer from the drop down.
- Amount received: Put 0 in the text box.
- Notes: Add in any notes as you wish.
- Click Save.
- You will see Apply Credit in the reference column for this line.
- In the Transaction Type column, click the down arrow (to the right of Payment) to change the type.
- Choose Credit.
The apply credit window will appear.
- The apply credit window will appear.
- Find the payment you want to allocate.
- In the Use column, enter in the amount you want to apply to this DOS.
- Click Done.
- The apply credit window will close.
- The amount will appear in the Amount field.
- You will see a green SAVED box.
- You should see the balance due decrease for the given DOS.
- If there is a remaining balance on this service line, Procentive will prompt you for an adjusting entry.
- If you would like to adjust off the difference, choose save to record the adjustment.
- If you would like to change the transaction type of this adjustment, clicking on the down arrow to the right of adjustment.
- Or, if you would like to cancel this prompt, simply refresh your screen.
- You did it! You are done.