You will first need to assign permission for this report by editing the applicable roles. If you are not familiar with editing staff roles, please review this support article: Change Permissions (Edit a Role).
HIPAA Tip: Compliance Suggestions
- Run this report at minimum once monthly or at a frequency defined by your agency's HIPAA procedure/program.
- It needs to be archived and saved with action taken (if any) to show compliance for HIPAA audits.
- A few (not all) regulations that this report will support in HIPAA compliance:
- Workforce Security 164.308(a)(3)(ii)(C) Termination Procedures.
- Access Control 164.312(a)(2)(i) Unique User Identification.
- Person or Entity Authentication 164.312(d).
- Security Awareness and Training 164.308(a)(5)(ii)(D) Password Management.
- Information Access Management 164.308(a)(4)(ii)(C) Access Establishment and Modification/ Auditing.
- Workforce Security 164.308(a)(3(ii)(A) Authorization and/or Supervision.
- If staff are found to have more than the minimum necessary access you can use Report 6320 Staff Access Report for more details.
- Go to Reports Module.
- In the Search box at the top, enter 6270.
- This will narrow your report results.
- Click Staff Detail.
- This will open a search window.
- Under Search: Choose from the search filters provides.
- Explanations are listed in table below.
- Under Fields: Hold Ctrl or Command key (⌘) to highlight (or select) each field you want to appear on the report.
- These fields are found in the Staff module.
- Click Display.
- A new window will open to display the results.
Explanation of Search Filters
|1 - (Left side of window)||2 - (Right side of window)|
|Search filters to narrow results||Fields to appear when results display|
|Format||Choose HTML to display in a text format or choose Excel to export into a spreadsheet.|
|Staff||Leave this field blank to run report for all staff, or enter one or more specific staff using the picklist .|
|Default Location||Leave this field blank to run report for any default location. Or select one or more to restrict the search based on the staff members default location dropdown field (staff module>locations tab).|
|Location||Leave this field blank to run report for all locations. Or select one or more to restrict the search based on the staff members associated locations (staff module>locations tab).|
|Default Program||This field is based on the staff members default program (Staff module>Programs tab). Leave this field blank to run report for any default program, or select one or more to restrict the search.|
|Program||This field is based on the staff members associated programs (Staff module>Programs tab). Leave this field blank to run report for all programs, or select one or more to restrict the search.|
|Staff Status||Leave this field at [All] to run report for all staff. Or choose Active Only to limit the search to only active staff (Staff module>Staff tab>active field).|
|Show Staff Notification Settings||
Check this to include fields to display for other notifications staff have set up including: