Update Clinician's Name
A clinician may change his or her name for a variety of reasons. Before you make this change in the Staff Module, however, you will want to verify certain records in Procentive, as an update to a clinician’s name in the Staff Module will impact both billing and the clinician’s documentation.
- Any existing documents that this staff has completed will need to be locked before you change the name in the Staff Module.
- The print views for the clinician’s locked forms will still contain the clinician’s previous name (digital signature included).
- Only unlocked records (or locked records that are then unlocked) will update to include the new name.
Once you have verified the above...
- Confirm that the clinician’s new name has been registered with payers to prevent an issue with cash flow.
- Go to the Staff Module.
- Double-click on the individual you want to change the name of.
- Update the name accordingly.
- Click the Notes Tab.
- Put a note with the previous name.
- Click Save.
NOTE: The name change will transfer to all other areas of Procentive, including the clinician’s digital signature.