Important: Topaz Signature software is not compatible with Apple Computers.
Google Chrome Setup
If you are using the internet browser Google Chrome, please complete the following steps.
- Go to the Settings Module
- You should be on the first tab: Preferences
- Locate Use plug-in free signature pad and scan method: Set the drop-down to Yes
- Click Change.
- Log off and log back on again to initiate the new setting.
NOTE: This setting is user- and computer-specific; therefore, each user will need to apply this setting to their user account.
Setup For Topaz
- Go to the Clinical/Charting Module.
- Open any document that requires a signature.
- Click the open signing window link next to a signature field.
- A signature window will open
- If Topaz has not been installed, you will see the message Topaz Signature Pad: The Topaz Systems SigPlus software is not installed. You can download it here.
- Click here.
- If you do not see this link, you can click on the link below and it will bring you to the Topaz download page needed for the next step: http://www.topazsystems.com/sigweb.html
- Download the Topaz software that matches the Topaz model you are using.
- Look for the final digits of your model number on the back of your Topaz pad.
- Match them to the correct download button on the screen.
- Click Download.
- Then, follow the download and installation instructions on your screen.
- Once the installation process is complete, you will be able to sign via the Topaz signature pad.