Some clients will have more than one policy with the same payer, therefore you will have to take some additional steps to create a second policy for the client.
Create New Payer
Procentive only allows one payer to be assigned to a client, therefore when a client has multiple policies with the same payer you must create a new, duplicate payer in the Payers module.
- Go to the Payers module > Add window.
- Select the exact payer type that already exists in your Payers module.
- In the Payer Name field, enter a name that will clarify that this payer should only be used if the client has multiple policies with this payer.
- Example: BCBS Double Coverage
- Click Save.
NOTE: You can add the codes and rates to the payer in the Payers module > Rates tab > Codes sub-tab if desired, however this payer should only be used for secondary policies, therefore the rates should be pulling from the primary payer. Leaving out the codes and rates will ensure that staff don't select this payer in error because they will get missing rate error message when trying to add Time.
Assign New Payer
- Go to the Clients module > Payers tab.
- Click Add to the right of the primary payer's name to add the new payer to the client, being sure to enter this as the secondary policy.
- Enter in the secondary policy ID information.
- Click Save.