The questions in this article are intended to prepare new and existing customers for their Project Estimate Consult (which is part of the Agile Clinical Document Development Process). These are things to consider while you are designing both the online and print view versions of your clinical documents. We recommended discussing these topics with a team of decision makers prior to the Project Estimate Consult. This will allow one spokesperson to properly deliver this information to Procentive.
What to Provide for Your Clinical Document Project and Consultation
- Priority (what needs to be completed first, second, third, etc.)
- Based on the number, size and complexity of your documents, we may suggest that you allow us to build your documents in multiple phases called “Sprints”. That will allow us to deliver your most critical documents more quickly.
- Specify the Name/Title of each document
- Specify the type: Diagnostic Assessment, Treatment Plan, Progress Note, Discharge, Client, etc.
- Are there areas within any of your documents that you want to hide/display based on a checkbox selection.
- Are there prompts or notes that you would like included in the Online View to help your staff understand the use of the clinical document more effectively?
- Are there fields where we can enter default answers to speed up documentation?
- Is there content that you would like to dataflow from one clinical document to another?
- If so, please identify this content on your examples.
- Are there client fields that you would like to automatically populate (client name, address, etc.)?
- Are there lists of choices or answers that are commonly used for multiple questions?
- If so, we could consider adding pick-lists to speed up documentation.
- Do you have clinical documents where Travel Time needs to be documented?
- Do you have areas where you may want calculated totals?
- If so, please identify these areas on your examples.
- Will you want an Intake Packet?
- Will it include multiple clinical documents?
- Or a single large clinical document with tabs?
- Do you plan to send any forms to your client for completion?
- For authorizations, how do you want to handle revocations? How should that be documented in the clinical document?
- Will a progress note be used for a group?
- How many signatures need to be collected for each clinical document?
- Please identify these on your examples.
- Do staff prefer to sign documents using the digital signature feature?
- Are there sections of the clinical document that should not lock with the client's signature? Or the therapist's signature?
- Which signature should lock the entire clinical document?
- Do you have a supervisor that needs to sign off on staff documents?
- Will this signature lock the entire clinical document?
- Are their areas of the document that need to remain unlocked until the supervisor has signed?
- Are there signatures that should not display on the print view?
The Printed View
- Will there be different header/footer needs for specific clinical documents?
- If so, please make sure all necessary logo images (jpeg) have been provided on the ticket.
- Is there content from the online version that should not display in the print view?
- Are there specific clinical documents that will require more than one print view?
- One print view per clinical document is the default quoted.
- Will any of your documents be providing data to feed reporting needs?
Important: If reporting is a possibility, we should take this into consideration at the design stage.