First You Need a Credit
In order to create a refund in Procentive, you must first have a credit in the system. Credits are created from overpayments and takebacks.
- Overpayment credits occur when you add a payment, but do not fully allocate that payment.
- Takeback credits occur when a client or payer pays for a service line, but then for various reasons they take that money back.
Create a Refund
- Click on the Refunds/NSF Module.
- Click Add.
- In Refund to: choose Payers or Clients (depending on who is receiving the refund).
- The pick list option below will reflect your choice and provide the appropriate pick list.
- Click on the pick list .
- A new window will take you to the information stored in the applicable module.
- Choose the correct payer or client.
- Click OK.
- All credits (takebacks or overpayments) that exist for the payer or client will appear in the table at the bottom of this window.
Important: If you don’t see any credits, you cannot create a refund. Verify that you have chosen the correct payer or that you have first posted the takeback.
- Reference: enter the reference number (typically the check number or the reason you are doing a refund).
- Note: optional
- Type: choose Refund.
- Date Posted: choose the date of the refund check.
- In the table below, locate the takeback or overpayment (there may be more than one) from which you intend to create the refund.
- The unallocated field will tell you how much money is available.
- In the Refund column, enter the amount you wish to contribute towards the refund.
- To complete the refund...
- If payment was not made using the Electronic Client Payment tool, click Save
- If payment was made using the Electronic Client Payment tool, click process electronic
- A new window will appear.
- Click Void.
- Click OK to close confirmation window.
- Your entry will appear at the top of the table in the Refunds/NSF module.