The Trial Balance displays billings, payments and adjustments from a given accounting period in greater detail. You can select how you want to sort these numbers (e.g. by location, program, staff, etc.) and break this information out multiple ways.
Run a Trial Balance Report
- Click the Accounting Module.
- Choose from the radio buttons at the top to determine what view you want (Monthly, Quarterly, Semi-Annually, Annually).
- Double-click the row with the period you want to view (the month, the quarter, etc.).
- Once the Trial Balance opens, you may alter the dates along the top of the report a more specific date range is needed.
- Use the Break out by menus at the top to reconfigure the detail in the report.
- Click Change.
Note: You may need to click Change after each Break out by selection to further refine details if desired.
- Gross Billings will show any amount from an invoice that was billed out with an invoice date during the selected date range.
- Other transaction (payments, write-offs, discounts, copays, coinsurances, deductibles, credits, etc.) amounts calculate based on the Payment Reference's Posting Date in the time period selected, regardless of when the charges were invoiced. For example, if an invoice was created six months ago, the payment would appear here if it was posted in this selected period.
Helpful Tips and Tricks
- Hovering your mouse over numbers in the columns (Gross Billings, Payments, Adjustments, etc.) will allow you to click and open a more detailed report of what information makes up the number listed in the column.
- The Notes and Definitions sections near the bottom of the report will provide details on how the numbers have been calculated and what they mean.
- Refunds, NSF, and Interest will appear near bottom of the report.
- Export to Excel if desired using the Export to Excel link near the bottom of the report.