Many payers require the travel code H0046 to appear on the same claim as the service code. Below you will find tips to ensure that both codes travel together on the same claim.
How to properly enter travel services in Time
All staff entering Time for travel should follow these steps to ensure that both codes are billed together.
- Go to the Time module > click Add.
- Staff may also use the Time Add quick link from Appointments.
- Add the travel code service line first and save.
- Immediately after, add the service code service line and save.
- Be sure the Place of Service is the same for both codes.
Possible reasons a travel code and service code are not billed on the same claim:
- The service code was entered prior to the travel code.
- The codes were entered at different times/days.
- The Place of Service was not the same for both codes.
- An authorization was on file for the service code, but not the travel code.