When creating a new staff role, you may have a very similar role in your database already, and you only need to change one or two permissions. In this situation we recommend the copy function.
Copy a Role
- Go to the Staff Module.
- Double click on a staff line (where it is not a blue link) that you will be assigning the new role to.
- The Change Staff window will open.
- Click on the Role Tab.
- Click on the Edit Roles link.
- The Roles window will open.
- Highlight the role on the left you want to copy.
- Click Copy Role.
- Enter the new name in the name field.
- Click Change Role.
- You will notice the name of the role changed (in the list to the left).
- Close the window.
- You will now be back on the Change Staff window.
- The new role will be available in the Role dropdown.
- Choose the new role.
- Click Save.
- In order for staff to see these changes, they will need to log off of Procentive and log back in again.