This article will explain how to upload a document, that is located on your computer, to a ticket.
Important: If you are creating a brand new ticket, you must first save the ticket, then re-open the ticket to see the comments section (where you will attach the file).
Attach a File to a Ticket
- Go to the Ticketing Module .
- Double-click on the ticket to open the ticket (i.e anywhere that isn’t a blue link).
- On the right side, where comments appear, click New Comment at the top.
- Enter in a description of the attachment or comment in the large white box.
- Click Choose File or Browse (depending on your browser).
- Choose the document you wish to attach.
- Click Open.
- The file will upload and the file name will appear to the right of Choose File.
- Once you see the file name, click Add Comment.
- A file image will now appear in your comments box along with any description you have added.
- Click Save.
NOTE: If you need to remove the attachment, click the red X next to it!
- Attachments should be in a PDF or Microsoft Word or Excel format.
- Documents containing special characters (!,?*) will not upload.
- You may upload additional files by clicking Choose File again and repeating the process.