Invalid Payer Adjudication Date
This error is found in the Electronic module on an invoice listed with the status of Has Rejections. It is caused by the COB information in the 2430 loop DTP segment having a date (which is the posting date of the primary payer's check) that is dated in the future from the date of the invoice. For example: if the primary payer's payment was assigned a future date of January 15th and the invoice is submitted to the secondary payer with COB information on January 14th, the error will appear because the date of the primary payer's payment hasn't yet occurred.
- In the Electronic module, click the Batch link to view the batch report. Determine which client and DOS is rejecting for this reason.
- Click the X12 Detail radio button at the top of the batch report.
- Scroll to the claim for the client and DOS.
- Locate the 2430 Loop DTP segment to determine the date of the payment from the primary payer.
- If the date of the payment is now on or after the current date then return to the Invoice window.
- Click once on the client/DOS line to highlight.
- Click Resend at the bottom.
NOTE: If the date of the primary payer's payment has not yet passed then wait until it has to resend the DOS.