HCFAs can be printed from Procentive by following these instructions.
Printing 1500s and UB04s
- Go to the Billing module.
- Locate the invoice that has been created that needs to be printed.
- Click open in the HCFA column.
- Review the forms to be sure it is accurate. This is best done in the With Background view.
Remove Background – place the blank HCFA forms in your printer and select the applicable Without Background option from the drop-down menu. This will remove the lines from the forms in Procentive (which is necessary because the lines already exist on the blank HCFA forms).
- Click the printer icon and proceed with printing.
Need to edit information on the claim?
- Open up the 1500/UB04 claim.
- Click the claim number on the left.
- the Claim Change window will appear.
- Edit the desired fields.
- Click Save.
Fields not printing in the correct boxes of the official 1500/UB04 form?
If you are having any problems getting the fields to fit into their proper boxes, or if the entire form appears mis-sized – then review the following steps.
- Page Scaling -
- In Chrome > Under Options, deselect “Fit to Page.”
Settings Module > Preferences tab.
- HCFA 1500 horizontal adjustment: Enter a negative number to move the copy to the left. Enter a positive number to move the copy to the right.
- HCFA 1500 vertical adjustment: Enter a negative number to move the copy downwards. Enter a positive number to move the copy upwards.
- HCFA 1450 horizontal adjustment: (This is for the UB04) Enter a negative number to move the copy to the left. Enter a positive number to move the copy to the right.
- HCFA 1450 vertical adjustment: (This is for the UB04) Enter a negative number to move the copy downwards. Enter a positive number to move the copy upwards.
- Be sure to click Change after making any edits.
- The following adjustments will only work on ONE printer and ONE user. Once you move to a new printer or a different staff logs in, the settings may need to be changed.
- Procentive has the HCFA form in red (“CMS 1500 2014 With Background”). You will be able to print this on a color printer and send it to a payer. Check with your specific payers to verify whether or not they will accept this or want you to use the official HCFA form.