Learn how to navigate to and around the Analytics module. Each dashboard has interactive "widgets" and filters to allow you to view data at a high-level or more granular level.
In this article you can learn about:
- How to open an Analytics dashboard
- The basic toolbar and actions you can perform to the dashboard
- What a widget is and how to filter its data
- Using filters to view data in different group sets
You may want to review Analytics Overview before proceeding.
One of your agency's champions must assign permissions for your staff role to access the Analytics module and dashboards.
Open an Analytics Dashboard
- Click Analytics in Procentive's main menu to open the Analytics module.
- Click the Select a Dashboard drop-down and choose the dashboard you wish to view.
- If a desired dashboard is not listed, contact one of your agency's champions to request viewing permissions to that dashboard.
The Dashboard Toolbar and Actions
The toolbar is located directly below the dashboard selection panel at the top of the page. The toolbar displays or allows you to do the following:
|A||Date and time of source data used in the dashboard.|
|B||Click the PDF icon to save a PDF file of the displayed dashboard.|
Click the more icon (three dots) to:
A widget is located on the dashboard and is a reporting object that displays a set of data.
- It can be displayed in multiple formats, such as a bar, column, or line graph, a pie chart, or a table.
- Widget data is also referred to as key performance indicators (or KPIs), since they provide insight into an important business or operational metric.
There are a few actions you can execute with Widgets:
|A||Click the information icon to display additional information about the data being collected and displayed within the widget.|
|B||Click the options icon (three dots) to download a CSV or image file of that specific widget and its data.|
Click on a data point or widget component to apply it as a filter for the entire dashboard. For example, clicking on the blue bar for the Normal client appointment status will update the data for Scheduled Appointments, Completed Hours, Cancelled Appointments, No Show Appointments, and other data points.
NOTE: this action will place a new filter in the Filters side-panel.
After a data point or widget component is selected, you have a new option to clear the filter selection with this icon.
Some chart widgets will display a Zoom object to the left of the displayed results based on breadth and depth of data. Change the size of the highlighted area to increase or decrease the number of results displayed in the chart. You will either being zooming in fewer data points or zooming out to see more data points.
Filters can also be found in the right-side panel of the dashboard. Similar to the widget, these filters can update the data displayed based on which group or key performance indicator (KPI) is selected as a filter.
Here are some of the actions you can execute when using the filters:
Click the refresh arrow to restore the dashboard to the default filters.
Click the pencil or Include all button to change your selection for a specific filter.
NOTE: there are single-selection, multi-selection, calendar selection options.
|C||Click the toggle to turn a filter on or off. If a filter toggle is off, it prevents the filter from affecting the dashboard data.|
Click the more options icon (three dots) to save your selected filters as the default filter for this dashboard. This means these filters will already be selected each time you open the specific dashboard.
NOTE: default filters are by user, and do not affect other users in your database.