In order to send prescriptions for controlled substances to a pharmacy electronically, providers must register for Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances (EPCS). EPCS registration is a three-part process that can be completed from the NewCrop Admin tab. The first step is to verify prescriber information.
Before you Begin: Download the Twilio Authy app. This is a free mobile app for two-factor authentication that you will need to complete the EPCS registration process.
- From the Admin tab, click the EPCS Registration link in the EPCS User Controls section.
NOTE: Some users also have the ability to register for EPCS from a link in their Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Enter your Name exactly how it appears on your drivers license. Enter your Home Address (do not use an office address), and Email Address, then click Continue.
NOTE: To avoid registration errors, two-word names without hyphens should be entered without a space in between. For example, the first name "John Paul" should be entered as "JohnPaul".
NOTE: The prescriber's DEA Number auto-populates from the EHR. If this is incorrect, the change must be made in the EHR.
- Choose the Shipping Destination for the hardware token. This can be the provider's Practice Address or Home Address.
- Click the Order Token button.
- A message confirms the order was successful.
NOTE: It typically takes 3-5 business days to receive the hardware token. You do not need to wait to receive the hardware token to continue the EPCS registration process. You can add the hardware token to your account later.