You can use NewCrop to prescribe controlled substances if you have registered for EPCS (Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances).
Before you Begin: Complete the EPCS registration process.
- From the Compose Rx tab, enter then name of the controlled substance in the search field and click the Drug Search button or press Enter on the keyboard. Search results display below.
- Click the desired formulation to open the Sig Builder.
- Fill in Sig Directions and Dispense Information, then click Prescribe.
NOTE: If you are transmitting more than one prescription, click the drop-down caret on the Prescription button and select Queue Rx.
- Enter your EPCS PIN and click the Enter PIN button in the Transmit Rx window.
- Use your OTP device (Hardware Token or Authy Application) to enter the Passcode for two-factor authentication. This can be entered manually or by Push Notification. Click the Send Push Notification button to use a Push Notification, or enter the Passcode manually and click the Sign & Transmit Rx button.
- A receipt displays indicating the prescription was successfully transmitted to the pharmacy.
Create Multiple C2 Prescriptions