Bed Status (required)
Used to identify the status of a bed with regards to whether it may be reserved for or assigned to an individual.
- Three bed statuses are provided:
- Ready - the default status for each bed, available for reservation or assignment
- Needs Cleaning - available for reservation or assignment
- Needs Repair - available for reservation or assignment
Future objective: To be extended to enable editing within Census View or automatically updated based on user workflow, such as discharging an occupant.
Bed Tags (optional)
Customizable. Bed Tags further categorize a bed based on a property that is important for managing and assigning beds.
- Available as a filter option on Census and Attendance views, facilitates locating specific beds
- Examples: Isolation, Medical - Full Electric, Mobile (has wheels), etc.
Bed Type (optional)
Used to classify or categorize a bed for purposes of assigning a bed to meet the needs of the individual.
- It is recommended that customers set up one default Bed Type.
- Bed Types may not be deleted but can be modified or inactivated.
- Examples: Adult Twin, Upper Bunk, Lower Bunk, Crib, Cot, etc.
Attendance Status (optional)
Used for recording an individual's attendance and enables the automated population of the Residential Calendar in the Time module.
The initial release of Bed Management enables the population or backfeed of the Residential Calendar and generation of service lines in the Time module.
- A maximum of one attendance may be recorded for an individual for each date.
- Future objective: extended to support attendance tracking/recording per custom intervals or 'rounds' schedules.
Customizable. Enables customers to create options that are needed for tracking the attendance status of individuals assigned to beds.
Each Attendance Status must be associated with a single Day Code, as defined through the Residential Calendar in the Time module. One or more Attendance Statuses may be associated to the same Day Code. This will become important in the future as Bed Management is extended to support multiple attendance recordings for a single day.
Used for managing individuals waiting for placement into beds. Users can assign priority to waitlisted individuals and easily move individuals between waitlists. In the future, Waitlists will be extended to support assigning beds directly from a waitlist and to enable customers to manage an individual's progress through various states within a single waitlist.