A link to Surescripts Drug History is located under the patient's name. Prescribers can use this link to review prescription history information returned from the Pharmacy Benefit Manager (PBM), and add these prescriptions to a patient's active medication list.
NOTE: Not all patients will have a match for Surescripts Drug History. This is usually due to a discrepancy between the information sent to be verified and what the PBM holds for the patient. In order for Surescripts to return prescription history information, the following criteria must match: First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth, Gender, State and Zip Code.
Review and Import Surescripts Drug History
- Click the Surescripts Drug History link under the Patient Name.
- Select the Rx History Date Range on the Surescripts Drug History Consent window.
- Click the Continue button.
- Surescripts Drug History displays in the Reported Medications: Surescripts Drug History table underneath the Active Medications table.
- To add a prescription from Surescripts Drug History to a patient chart, click the Medication in the Recorded Medications table. Once clicked, the medication is highlighted in blue and displays on the Reconciled Medications list.
NOTE: The patient's Active Medications are already on the Reconciled Medications list.
- Repeat Step 5 to add additional medications.
- Click the Confirm button on the Reconciled Medications list to add the selected prescriptions to the patient's Active Medications list.