Prescribers are asked to complete an identity verification questionnaire as part of the EPCS registration process. Questions are based on a personal credit profile. If the prescriber is unable to answer the questions, or if the system is unable to generate identity proofing questions, they have the option to receive an activation code via snail (USPS) instead. This code will allow the prescriber to complete the identity proofing process.
Before you Begin: Complete EPCS Registration Part 1: Verify Prescriber Information
- Begin EPCS Registration Part 2: Identity Proofing
- If your identity can not be verified, you will be given an option to receive an activation code via snail mail. Click the Mail Activation Code button.
NOTE: You must use your home address to identity proof, not an alternate or business address.
- Click the OK button on the popup window.
NOTE: Your activation code will arrive within five business days. This code expires, so it is important to return to complete the process as soon as your receive the code.
- Once you have received your activation code, return to the Identity Proofing section of the EPCS Registration process and click the Resume button.
- Enter the Activation Code you were mailed in the Activation Code field.
- Click the Submit button.
Next Step: Complete EPCS Registration Part 3: Confirm Provider Registration